Program Officer – Central New York Community Foundation
TITLE: Program Manager
REPORT TO: Vice President, Community Investments
STATUS: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION DESCRIPTION: The program officer works directly with community residents, nonprofit employees, other funders, and board members to assist in the design and implementation of the Community Foundation’s strategic initiatives and grants. This position helps promote racial, social, and economic justice through the development of strategies that respond to the needs of the region, provide civic leadership, and assess impact.
- Implement community engagement efforts
– Take the lead role in developing and nurturing relationships with parishioners, neighborhood leaders, and residents of the city of Syracuse and Central New York
-Maintaining a strong community presence among residents by attending weekly community events
– Conduct research to identify and implement best practices for community engagement
– Using data (including life needs analysis) to identify areas of community needs or challenges, working with residents and non-profit partners to further investigate these needs, co-develop appropriate responses and assess their impact. This can include approaches such as participatory budgeting and human-centered design.
– Work with the Communications department as the primary point of contact for media interactions and communication needs related to community engagement.
- Manage the Leadership Classroom Program (TLC)
-Communication with consultants in the planning and implementation of the program
– Engage directly with participants, manage the approval process and provide direction to the grantee/intern assigned to TLC
-Coordinate annual alumni events and attend monthly weekend and/or evening classes
- Assisting in the implementation of the Community Grants program
– Review and analysis of proposals through written materials, site visits, interviews with other funders and relevant agencies
-Prepare and present written and oral analysis of grant proposals to Community Foundation staff, board members, donors and/or committee members
- Work with members of the Community Investment team to plan and implement community engagement activities, budgets and programs
- Representing the Community Foundation at various forums, convening events, summits and other public events
- Assisting the Vice President with formal oversight and direct supervision of Snow Fellows, interns and/or support staff as assigned
- Support the work of the Black Equity & Excellence Fund and other work related to diversity equity and inclusion with residents
- Support and extend the work of living needs analysis to ensure it is used to meet residents’ needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Track record of dealing with parishioners and residents in Syracuse and the New York metro area
- Keen interest and dedication to philanthropy and the work of the Community Foundation, with a demonstrated commitment to the Central New York area, its people and causes
- Familiarity with Central New York and its opportunities and challenges
- Superior attention to detail and a high level of organization
- Excellent customer service skills for external and internal clients
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, with a strong preference for direct service experience in the non-profit, government or social service sectors
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn any appropriate Community Foundation software
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, contribute as an effective team member and track tasks through to completion
TIME REQUIREMENTS: This is a part-time full-time position with a scope of 37.5 hours per week. Working hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm with some flexibility, but it is also expected that many community engagement activities will take place in the evenings and weekends.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS: Annual salary starts at $60,000. Employee benefits include medical insurance, annual and sick leave, twelve paid holidays, term life insurance, supplemental disability insurance, parking, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer contribution and consideration, optional flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses, and other benefits as described in the Employee Handbook.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send an expression of interest and a CV to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.