Live US finance, tax and payments updates: $2,753 monthly check, 2022 tax deadline, gas stimulus check…
Financial News Headlines | Wednesday April 13th
– President Biden announces waiver enable the sale of E15 petrol to address in summer high gas prices
– The California Convention proposes a new bill that would introduce a Four-day work week in the Golden State
– IRS tax refunds up 11.5% compared to 2021 on average $3,226 per recipient
– Average price of gasoline in the US falls by $4,083 per gallon
– The Federal Reserve is raising mortgage rates 5% for the year
– Real estate prices rose by an average 18% in 2021 – What is a housing market bubble?
– Changes to Social Security Payments could mean a monthly check of $2,753 for some households
– Connecticut, Georgia, and Maryland have all suspended state fuel taxes in response to high gas prices
– Social Security Benefits have lost 32 percent of their purchasing power since 2000which organizations are pushing for reforms?
Information and useful links
tax return deadline: Monday, April 18, 2022
– Do you need to apply for an extension?Here’s our guide.
– Everything you need to know about them Earned Income Tax Credit.
– What are the eligibility requirements for registering with SNAP?
– Social Security Disability Insurance: an overview of how the program varies by state.