Get answers to your mental health questions Tuesday night
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – May is Mental Health Awareness Month and the Huntsville Community Watch Association is hosting an event focused on all aspects of mental health.
From 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., the CWA will host a Mental Health Symposium in the Big Spring Ballroom at the Huntsville Embassy Suites Hotel (800 Monroe Street).
There will be a panel discussion and Q&A. The panel will include:
- Madison County Probate Judge Frank Barger
- State Representative Rex Reynolds
- Licensed Counselor, Mental Health Screener and Master Addiction Counselor Lucy Douglas
- WellStone CEO Jeremy Blair
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Alabama Statewide Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Administrative Coordinator John Hollingsworth
- Captain Jonathan Ware of the Huntsville Police Department Crisis Response Team
The panel’s moderator is Kenny Anderson, the City of Huntsville’s Director of Multicultural Affairs. Topics for discussion will include the mental health referral process, updates on Alabama legislation, metals community health services, law enforcement training and responses for people experiencing a mental health crisis, and more.
Several organizations will also be at the show to answer questions and distribute information, including:
- Partnering for a drug-free community
- Huntsville VA Clinic
- NAMI Alabama
- charity tracker
- Huntsville Police CIT
- Madison Police CIT
- North Alabama Mental Health Coalition
- WellStone Behavioral Health Center
- Carl Wilkerson (Licensed Counselor and Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
- Huntsville Community Watch Association
Parking and entry to the event are free.
Suggest a correction